// Urban Design + Masterplanning
// Coventry - Head Office
IDP are an inter-disciplinary practice with a reputation for high quality place making and environmental responsiveness through innovative design.
We are a well-respected practice in the industry with a reputation for creative thinking and delivery. We have engaging work opportunities in a wide spectrum of sectors, including residential-led masterplanning, strategic land, education, and renewable energy, as well as our involvement in design review, expert witness and academic collaboration.
Why work with us?
We offer a friendly, team-focused office environment within the city centre, a competitive salary package, training opportunities and future career development.
We have an exciting and diverse project portfolio, and with City of Culture 2021 for Coventry there are exciting new opportunities to get involved with to inspire a vibrant place to live and work.
About the role
IDP have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a flexible, talented Senior Masterplanner/Urban Designer to join our Urban Design team in our Central office on a permanent basis. The position would be either ‘Senior’ or ‘Associate’ depending on experience. Urban Designers / Masterplanners with less experience will also be considered for less senior alternative roles.
- Working on a variety of UK projects, predominantly on medium, large and very large scale residential and mixed use master plans and housing layouts, for public and private sector clients;
- Acting as the day-to-day contact for clients on existing projects;
- Project managing significant high profile projects leading a range of multi-disciplinary disciplines including our in house landscape team;
- Preparing tender submissions, bids and attending/presenting at project interviews;
- Leading project teams;
- Conducting site, context and character appraisals to inform the design for new developments;
- Working up master plan drawings, design strategies and detailed illustrations to support design principles;
- Producing comprehensive Design Codes and Design and Access Statements comprising written and graphic outputs;
- Working alongside local communities and other stakeholders through collaborative design workshops and public exhibitions
- An Urban Design PG Dip or Masters, ideally with an undergraduate base in Architecture; For candidates with a Planning based Under Graduate degree, we would want to see a high level of skill in the delivery of detailed masterplans and layouts.
- Candidates with less formal qualifications may be considered based upon excellent track record and strong portfolio.
- Experience of working on UK residential and mixed use development master plans in an Urban Design or detailed layout role;
- Strong design background, working in a consultancy environment;
- Project management skills and experience of working on complex multi-disciplinary projects;
- An understanding of Architecture and Landscape Architecture and an ability to develop detailed codes and 3D briefs;
- Excellent written communication, presentation and negotiation skills, including an interest in community engagement;
- An understanding of business development and client needs in the residential sector;
- Able to produce high quality hand drawings and have a strong eye for detail;
- Excellent team-working skills;
- An ability to manage own time, workload and meet tight deadlines;
- Proficiency in CAD or 3D computer modelling skills;
- Proficiency in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Microsoft Office;
RIBA + Urban Design Masters / PG Dip;
Bachelors in Architecture + Urban Design Masters / PG Dip;
RTPI + Urban Design Masters / PG Dip.
To apply for this job simply email us using the link below.Apply for this job