Landscape Associate Director
// Landscape & Environment
// Coventry - Head Office
We are a nationally respected, award winning, multi-disciplinary practice with a reputation and passion for high-quality, sustainable, and award-winning places to live and work. We have been collaborating and designing places for people for 30 years. We are a perceptive and creative group of people, with urban designers, landscape architects and environmental consultants all under one roof. Our strength is in the way we apply our principled and committed approach to each project.
We add value to our projects through collaborative problem-solving; realising the aspirations of our clients; and overcoming constraints and creating opportunities.
IDP have forged long-lasting relationships with our partners, clients, and collaborators throughout the construction industry and beyond. We have ambition to grow and strengthen our team and brand and are very excited about what the future holds.
Why work with us?
We offer a friendly, team-focused office environment within the city centre, a competitive salary package, training opportunities and future career development.
We have an exciting and diverse project portfolio, and with City of Culture 2021 for Coventry there are exciting new opportunities to get involved with to inspire a vibrant place to live and work.
About the role
This job is a full-time position at our head office in Coventry.
As an Associate Director you will be a key position in the business working directly under the Landscape Director. You will be leading the landscape team in developing a diverse and high-profile portfolio, delivering multiple projects and deadlines, reviewing performance, and identifying areas for improvement. and involved in business strategy.
You will be expected to develop strong client relationships and help build the business through new work streams where a pathway to attaining directorship can be realized.
IDP see all staff as key members of the team working on exciting and innovative projects. These projects range from Masterplanning new towns and mixed-use developments to town centre improvements, public spaces, and historic landscape restoration. You will work directly with clients, architects, urban designers, and environmental consultants to provide professional and reliable judgements and recommendations that drive design decisions, ultimately enabling projects to be successful and reputation-making.
- You are a strong leader with a demonstrable track record of managing a project team in a pressured environment to deliver a first-class service to strict timescales.
- You work to set targets for project delivery, turnover, and increased growth of the business, making strategic decisions in the interests of the company.
- You have a broad range of expertise in all areas of landscape planning and design and can bring your wealth of experience and specialisms to the team.
- You are ambitious, proactive, and self-motivated with an appreciation and willingness to set a culture of reflection and improvement from project outcomes.
- You have strong design flair and enthusiasm for innovative ideas, with an eye for exceptional presentation vision and creative output.
- You take responsibility for your decision-making and the implications, able to foresee problems and come up with effective solutions and strategies.
Candidates ideally possess:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree Landscape Architecture and a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute (CMLI) in the UK.
- At least 10 years’ experience in project delivery across multiple sectors.
- Proficiency in relevant software including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) and AutoCAD.
- In addition, skills in other software such as Keyscape, Revit, BIM, Sketch-Up or other data visualisation tools would be desirable.
- Demonstrated skills in computer and hand drafting and sketching, excellent written and verbal communication.
What we offer
In return for your enthusiasm, expertise, and commitment, you will get:
• A competitive salary • Benefits including private medical insurance, pension.
• Company mobile, laptop, and travel allowance • Flexible working if required.
• Dynamic office environment in Coventry • Social events and networking.
• Opportunities for career growth to Director level.
To apply for this job simply email us using the link below.Apply for this job