Graduate Urban Designer
// Urban Design & Masterplanning
// Coventry - Head Office
IDP is an award-winning multi-disciplinary design practice based in the midlands, we have a strong reputation for the successful delivery of regeneration and masterplan projects in line with our ethos; placemaking for life.
Why work with us?
We pride ourselves on being a friendly, collaborative practice with an open working environment.
We place emphasis on providing and fostering a positive environment for the development of our team.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Urban Design Graduate to join our team. This is an opportunity for a keen individual to flourish in a design-led environment and play a significant role in contributing to our urban design outputs.
- Work collaboratively within your team and across the practice disciplines
- Develop Masterplanning technical knowledge and awareness of other IDP disciplines and services
- Deliver a quality design service on a range of applications
- Have good working knowledge of AutoCAD, Sketchup, Photoshop, InDesign and Revit
- Support with the preparation of baseline site and context analysis, including photographic surveys of sites and their surrounding areas
- Assist with preparing designs, drawings and illustrations
- Produce early-stage concept design options to a specific brief as required
- Contribute to the design process of early-stage planning applications
- Assist with the co-ordination of project teams and project management, helping project leads to complete their tasks in delivering projects to time and budget
- Seek opportunities to grow your own network internally and externally
- Have a relevant degree
- Have a relevant postgraduate qualification (Urban Design Masters or PG Diploma)
- Have relevant industry experience and good knowledge of Masterplanning
- Be committed to continuing your professional development with a willingness to learn and progress
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be personable and professional with high levels of motivation, ambition and drive
- Have excellent team-working skills
- Be commercially minded and take on personal responsibility
- Be committed and have an eye for detail
- Have an ability to manage your own time and workload
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
This role may also be of interest to a Part 1 or Technology graduate looking to take a part-time Masters in Urban Design.
To apply for this job simply email us using the link below.Apply for this job