Chartered/ Senior Landscape Architect
// Landscape & Environment
// Coventry - Head Office
IDP Landscape is a perceptive and creative team of designers with a passion to create lasting, high quality landscapes that connect people and place. We are principled and committed to protect and enhance the landscape and environment around us and take our safeguarding role very seriously. We strive to deliver happier, healthier places to live and work. Our clients stem from a wide range of sectors and we have significant experience in delivering cost effective and design-led strategic masterplanning, infrastructure and public realm scale schemes across the UK.
Our reputation for excellence in design and delivery extends to other IDP disciplines and this provides exciting and engaging co-work opportunities, including residential and mixed-use development, education, healthcare, and town centre regeneration, as well as our own involvement in design review, expert witness and academic collaboration.
Why work with us?
We offer a friendly, team-focused office environment within the city centre, a competitive salary package, training opportunities and future career development.
We have an exciting and diverse project portfolio, and with City of Culture 2021 for Coventry there are exciting new opportunities to get involved with to inspire a vibrant place to live and work.
About the role
We are looking to grow the landscape team with talented landscape architects who have enthusiasm and creativity to contribute to the future of this passionate design practice.
The role is a senior position working directly under the Associate Director and would suit a highly motivated and experienced person with major project delivery experience, excellent written and communication skills, and enthusiasm to manage a project team.
A true passion for high quality design and professional acumen is essential, along with a desire to provide a first-class service to clients. Candidates must be a chartered member of the LI in the UK and have the relevant landscape qualifications.
Working alongside urban designers, architects, and technicians, you’ll be embedded within a lively working environment with excellent opportunities to help grow the business and form part of the senior level staff.
- Demonstrate strong design flair and enthusiasm for innovative ideas, with a drive for high quality presentation and creative output, including hand sketching, concept design and optioneering, illustrative work, and digital outputs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to self-critique within a quality assurance environment.
- Demonstrate sound management and leadership skills and an ability to deliver projects and deadlines in a timely and effective manner within budget and time constraints.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage projects from inception to completion, liaising directly with external consultants and clients and providing sound landscape advice in a professional manner.
- Excellent working knowledge of technical software including Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, SketchUp, AutoCad and Keyscape.
- Experience of undertaking LVIA and TVIA as standalone assessments or as part of EIA.
- Manage the delivery of multiple landscape projects within the deadline, income targets and the project budget, and feedback to AD/Director.
- Provide a strong presence with the team and be able to manage and motivate staff to work efficiently and creatively.
- Understand and interpret the project brief and manage and deliver schemes from inception to completion to meet the brief and the requirements of the end user.
- Ensure the effective use of project management systems and procedures to seek to improve and develop the productivity of the business and that the objectives of the client/project are met.
- Help to prepare work winning tenders and be proactive in the procurement of new work.
- Develop a culture of reflection and feedback to the Director on the success of the project, client satisfaction and how this affects best practice for the future.
- Help develop the profile of the business and share our vision to become a well-respected practice in the industry with a reputation for creative thinking and delivery.
- Maintain knowledge and compliance with Health & Safety and the CDM regulations
- Build professional study through CPDs to constantly improve skills and develop knowledge.
To apply for this job simply email us using the link below.Apply for this job